Monday, January 24, 2011

Dineen Christmas

So I had to get this post out before January was over! The Dineen part of Christmas started about noon on Christmas when mom and dad came over. Dad and Andy started the rib roast they were cooking on the green egg. Bennett went down for a nap and the VERY happy girls got to skip their nap and hang out in their new sleeping bags downstairs and watch Toy Story 3 (that Santa brought) on the new Blu ray player that Mamie and Pops brought.


After nap the girls, me, Andy, mom, and Dad headed outside to play in the snow that was still coming. It quickly turned into a snowball fight with Andy taking no prisoners!

Mamie and Pops stayed inside with Bennett who was watching us!









We had a yummy dinner and then Mom and Dad headed over to Caga and Miriam's house for the night. Mamie and Pops left the next morning to try to beat the ice. Caga and Miriam headed home in a blizzard from Miriam's family in Va. Apparently Santa left things for Carly and Joiner at Gigi and Grumpa's house, so these dolls appeared before Caga and Miriam came over for dinner. These dolls eat food and drink water and then pee and poop! Just what we need around here; a baby that pees and poops!

Carly wanted to take a picture with Bennett and her new baby. I love his face. Doesn't it look like he is so confused as to why he is sitting next to this creepy baby?
Looking through my pictures of this celebration, I realized that I have almost none! I am so upset, but apparently pictures weren't on my radar. Here is a picture of the girls opening their presents. Caga and Miriam gave them vests and if you look hard, you can see they have them on!

Andy and the kids gave me a pair of UGGS for Christmas, and Gigi gave Bennett a pair of boots. Here are the two of us in our cool new footwear! I don't think he is going to be as excited about clothes as his sisters!
I am sorry Mom, Dad, Miriam, and Jarrett for not taking more pictures! I will do better next year. It was a fun night and a nice end to the Christmas celebrations!

No comments:

Post a Comment