Wednesday, January 5, 2011

4 Months Old

I know...I know... Bennett will be 5 months old on Saturday, but I am posting this, nonetheless. I will do better next month, I promise! ( I know I said that last month)


Here he is with his "old man face" He is trying so hard to sit up by himself! And put EVERYTHING is his mouth!
There's his sweet little half smile





More eating the paper!


Trying to get a close-up, he was grabbing the camera! This hands stuff must be the boy part. I don't remember the girls being so handsy!
Here are a few cute pictures through the month!

In the jumper at Stefanie's
I think the girls took these cute pictures of him on his mat



So how is month 4 going? Well, at his Drs. Appt he was 14lbs 8oz (56%) 24.5 inches (28%) and his head was also 28%. Short, cuddly, and perfect! He has rolled over from his back to front a few times and is really trying to master it. He sits on his own for a few seconds and so badly wants to do it all the time. I keep telling him to do his crunches, but he doesn't seem that motivated. I even show him while he is playing on the mat (to help the damage he did to me, wink) but he just laughs. Speaking of laughing; he is really starting to get this giggling thing. The funny thing (to me) is that he doesn't really laugh for Andy. With the girls, they thought he was the funniest thing. Bennett thinks his mommy is funnier! Smart boy. Like his daddy, his legs are always moving. He is kicking or rubing his feet together constantly. Watch Andy and you will see the same thing if he is awake. Bennett takes two great naps a day and sleeps about 11-12 hours at night


The big story around here, though, is FOOD!!!

We started about a week after he turned 4 months because he was acting like he really wanted something else at the mid-morning and afternoon feedings. I started the girls much later and they never really acted like they were that into it until we started finger foods. This little boy had one or two practice feedings and promptly told us that he likes food, NOW. So we quickly went to two full solid feedings/day. It is really nice because it speeds up the after-nap morning time and makes him happier while we eat at night. Just like all the other Evans around here, he likes everything. He just grunts and swings his legs the whole time!

Here is Carly feeding Mr B
My apologies for the bib. I just haven't had the time to get a blue one when this pink one works just fine:)
Gigi helping Joiner
The girls can only help halfway through. Bennett is so anxious in the beginning that he gets upset when it is coming slowly!
Another great month, sweet boy. We love you! You are growing up so fast though. I just want to put you in my pocket and keep you little! I think you would kick your way out, though!


1 comment:

  1. I've found our boy to much more oral than the girls ever were! Everything goes in his mouth and he wants to eat everything. The girls did this some, too, but never like Ev. :)

    ReplyDelete