Wednesday, June 30, 2010

The End & The Begining

Today is Andy's last day of Residency. Of course, tomorrow he starts his Epilepsy Fellowship at WFU. However, I didn't want this day to go by unnoticed. When you don't move for Fellowship or to a job, there seems to be little closure for residency, at least for me. I have tried to make a big deal about it at our house and the girls have talked about it a lot as a result. I think the girls and I care about today because we have also lived through this time. The fact that we got to celebrate the last "big " call (on our 8th wedding anniversary last week) was a big deal at our house. I know other resident families can relate to the "family residency" idea. Andy was the Chief Resident this year and that is a ton of extra work. I know he won't miss that:) We have done some fun surprises around the house, and other places, but I don't want to give them away in case Andy is not busy with his last day of Consults and checks the blog.
So...Andy we are so proud of you and 4 really hard years. You have done so well and so much. I hope this next step is a really good one and that your job search helps you realize how much you mean to more than just our family! Congrats! We love you!
P.S.: Don't forget to check your car;)

No comments:

Post a Comment