Wednesday, June 2, 2010

Happy Birthday Daddy

Andy's birthday was yesterday. We celebrated with Mamie and Pops, who were in town, this weekend. Andy spends a month each year deciding what cake he wants for his big day. It is a big decision. Usually he hmms and haws and always comes back to his favorite, carrot cake. This year though, he decided on a fruit pizza. I almost couldn't believe it. So I made a fruit pizza for Sunday dinner with his parents. I put bananas on it like he requested, even though it ruins it for me.
Joiner took this picture of Daddy blowing out his candles.
I had a doctors appt. yesterday and Andy is on the final research month of his Residency. So, he did what his residents have been doing all year, and took some personal time in the morning. Of course, so he didn't look like a hypocrite, he actually took the time formally. He and the girls spent the morning at the YMCA pool having a big time and when I finished, we went to Mooney's Mediterranean Restaurant for lunch. Nobody likes Middle Eastern food like Joiner. She can inhale some Felafel's and baba Ganoush like no one else. We all like it a lot too. I forgot to get a picture at the restaurant, so here is the crew by the car. You can see we needed to accessorize for the day!

The fruit pizza was gone by yesterday, so I offered to make a small carrot cake for the big day. Again, Andy threw me a curve ball and said he would like Tiramisu from Dioli's. So here are Daddy and the girls with his dish and candle.




Happy birthday Andy/ Daddy!



No comments:

Post a Comment