Thursday, August 25, 2011

First Day of Kindergarten

How is it that these two precious babies who were little enough to fit in the hospital bassinet together...



...are now these two big girls who headed off to Kindergarten this morning?

I don't know how it happened, but my babies started big school today. I will admit that I am not doing well. They were super excited and were out of their room at the dot of 7:00am! We started breakfast on the Red Plate with our customary cinnamon rolls and eggs. Gigi found us another Red Plate at Goodwill, so now we have two!


Carly in her new dress. We had a special girls day this week that I will post about when I learn how to take pictures off my IPhone and they each got to pick a new outfit. Their school is a uniform school 3 days a week but they started on a "where what you like day."

As you can see, they picked the same dress. I tried to suggest they pick different things, but they told me they would just tell people who they were. As it turned out, they didn't even see each other at school, so no confusion possible.
Joiner with her breakfast.


Getting ready to go!

Joiner

Carly


Walking into school with Andy and their new book bags.


They will be riding the bus home as I don't know how to get them from school and let Bennett nap. I am very nervous about the bus, but they are excited. Thanks to Gigi, I was able to get them today and Monday so they can learn the ropes before we add the bus. I was in car line at 2:45pm and dismissal isn't until 3:15pm. I wasn't the first car or even the 20th! After they called their names I saw them walk out holding hands and hugging after not seeing each other all day. I was able to get a picture when the line wasn't moving.



It was a great first day. I cried off and on all day and I am sure I will be sad for a while. They want to do this so bad and are so excited, so I will be excited for them. I don't know how it has gone so fast, but I will try to enjoy this moment and encourage them to grow! Because of the staggered entry, they are home tomorrow, so we can chill out like the good ole' days!


No comments:

Post a Comment