Wednesday, May 18, 2011

Mother's Day

This Mother's Day weekend started with a baseball game with our church. We had almost 40 of our friends there and it was a lot of fun. You can see that the girls really didn't sit with us. They were with Mrs. Amy or the rest of their friends.

Two "big kids" the girls love.



Looks like Daddy is paying more attention to his Ipod


Caga and Miriam came with their buddy Chris who Bennett was very interested in! Miriam held Bennett for most of the time he and I were at the game!


We ate dinner at home and told the girls that they could each pick one treat. Carly saw Ben & Jerry's when we came in and that is what she wanted. Joiner saw a funnel cake and somehow talked me into letting her get that. She was in heaven. Needless to say, we encouraged sharing! Look, she could barely hold it!

Sharing with Mrs. Shirley. Our new minister and his family are from Syracuse, NY and they were very interested in funnel cake! Welcome to NC!




We bought tickets for the UNCSA performance of Oklahoma in Oct. during the open house. The show was that Saturday and it was unbelievable. We had given dad a ticket for Christmas. Mom wanted to stay with B. I wish I had just bought her a ticket and gotten a sitter. It was that good. It was long, though; over 3 hours. The girls were wonderful. They sat on the edge of their seats (or Daddy and Grumpa's laps) the whole time. There was a part where they fired guns and it was loud and a little scary, but they held it together.




Caga and Miriam had us over for a fabulous dinner that night. It was great to sit on their deck and enjoy the wonderful food and family.



Gigi AND Grumpa joined us at church on Sunday morning and that was a treat. We went to a quick lunch afterwards and then home to nap. Andy didn't have a soccer game that afternoon and I didn't have to work so I headed to the movies with Miriam while the crew slept and Andy watched a Manchester game. It was a good chick flick and it was sweet of Miriam to go with me.




After naps, the girls game me their Mother's Day present. They have been asking to paint my toenails for weeks. It was such a beautiful night that we all went outside while Andy was grilling.



Joiner picked green nail polish and Carly chose purple.

Check out the concentration






B was next to us in the saucer. He was not interested in having his picture taken:)





"C'mon mom. Stop taking my picture." Look at his cute little teeth!


Check out my beautiful toes! They are still like this today, nearly two weeks later. I don't know how long to let it go so I won't hurt their feelings. Also, who has the time to change it:)


Me with my beautiful, sweet girls. I am so lucky to be the mommy to such wonderful kids! God is good!




No comments:

Post a Comment