Monday, April 9, 2012

Easter

Yes, I am aware that it has been over a month since I posted. I don't think I have let a month go by before. However, as I told my dad today when he scolded my negligence, I am busy, and blogging has been replaced by working, mothering, decorating decisions, and all sorts of other things. I hope to get caught up.

I am going to start with the present and move backwards!

So, Easter. It must have been one of the most beautiful Easters in recent years. It was the perfect temperature, sunny, breezy! Just perfect.

We woke up and found Easter baskets.

Here is B with a "choo-choo" from his basket. Still making cheese face.

Tina spent Easter with us so she found a basket as well.

Carly with her basket. Both girls wanted their hair curly, hence the crazy braids.



Joiner with a new dress.


Daddy opening a play mat for Bennett's trains.


We had our annual Easter brunch at church and then we move outside for the egg hunts. As I am in charge of all this, it is a circus. The brunch is my favorite potluck of the year. I gave up sugar again this year for Lent and I was in the kitchen in my t-shirt at 7:30am eating a brownie when one of the kids found me. Not my finest moment. I am glad I grabbed that treat because Bennett ate almost all my brunch food at church! And I had no time to replace the food. Frown!



This was Bennett's first hunt. He was on the playground with the other younger kids, who are all boys this year. He is the youngest and he just strolled onto the playground as the others ran past him.


One of the moms was determined that he was going to find some eggs. Andy was out there to help him, but she just led him around! Here he is just looking at the egg on the play house.


Wandering while the others are a blur!


Helping him get some loot





On the other side of the garden, the big kids lined up to get their eggs. I laid down the rules and let them go. They were all flying!


Carly on a mission



Both girls grabbing eggs


I think this is Joiner;)



Carly, I am pretty sure!


I KNOW this is Joiner!


Bennett watching the big kids in action!

A family portrait. One of my teens took it and I joked that I might pay him. We are all smiling and looking at the camera! I have paid a lot for a lot less before!





We headed home after church and I got Bennett in bed. Since Tina was with us, the girls didn't have to nap. Instead, we went to feed a one week old lamb at a friends house. Her name is April.


Joiner got to hold her first and feed her. The mother is so old that she doesn't produce milk. They have to feed her every 4 hours!


Tina sitting next to them.


Now all 3 are helping! Poor lamb!





After April ate, they put a band on her tail so it would fall off in a few days. It hurts her and she was just laying in a lump in the pasture near her mom. Look close, it's hard to see her.


We raced home to greet our guests for our Easter dinner. Here are Mrs Leah, Bear and Bennett.


Here are the crazy kids!


More adults! Unfortunately, we had leg of lamb in a case of bad irony. I don't really eat lamb, so I felt very virtuous!






No comments:

Post a Comment