Monday, December 19, 2011

Mistletoe Magic

I talked myself into running the Mistletoe half marathon again this year. I really needed to do it for some reason. I didn't have nearly the time to train this year ( I wonder why not!) but I felt good. I was able to get in several 10 and 11 miles runs before. It was a great day! It was cold, but sunny and just a little breezy.




Andy ran the 5K and then went and got mom and the kids to come by. I feel bad that no one was at the finish for him, but parking is so bad and we didn't want mom to have to navigate it with all 3. I was expecting my time to be a lot slower since I haven't had the time trial practice, but I finished in 2:03. It was 5 minutes slower, but still a 9.24 mile. Andy was in charge of the camera this time and he missed the "crossing the finish line" shot. This is my shot; downing water! I am still nursing, so if I don't really hydrate, I get a killer headache.

My celebrating crew was right on the sidelines, so I was able to slap hands before I crossed the line. Apparently Bennett was very upset that I just said "hey" and ran away. Here he is trying to get me to hold him. We laugh that he was running with me (in my tummy) last time. Maybe that is why he is always moving!

With my cheering squad





Daddy in the mix. He has really been cutting his 5K time down. Unfortunately for him, his 5K history is very fast. I try to remind him that he was 17:) Having more regular hours is helping his running.



Gigi taking our picture as we wait for the car.


Carly wanted to take a picture.


Trying to get a picture with all three by the tree. This was the best and not entirely successful!


Bennett's shirt says "Who needs Mistletoe?" It is cute for many reasons, but mainly, that is what we called him in my tummy. Since he was a surprise, he was that until 7:07pm on 8/8/10.


No comments:

Post a Comment