Monday, June 29, 2009

Mommy's Birthday

My birthday was Saturday and it was a wonderful day. Andy and the girls and I went to the big farmers market in Greensboro and got some wonderful veggies and fruit. In fact I am eating some of the blackberries we got right now. We grilled some chicken and some corn we got at the market. The girls helped to shell 3 pounds of crowder beans and we had them as well. C & J's favorite part was our trip to Dioli's bakery. Everyone got to pick a treat. I got a slice of peanut butter cheesecake. Andy got a slice of tiramasu cheesecake. The girls each choose a cupcake with more icing than I have ever seen. We still have half of each in the fridge!


I love breakfast food more than anything so we went out to brunch yesterday after church. Mom and dad came as well as Jarrett and his girlfriend, Miriam. It was a wonderful brunch. We were outside and it was a beautiful afternoon. The girls got to order for themselves for the first time and they chose very differently. Usually I order a meal and split it between them, but this was special. Carly chose chocolate chip pancakes and Joiner chose an egg and cheese croissant. I was sure they would want what the other had, but I was wrong. They contentedly ate what they so proudly ordered.


The first pictures were taken with my new camera.


The whole gang out for brunch



Joiner is diggin' the egg and cheese croissant she wanted.


Carly enjoying her chocolate chip pancakes.



Carly's blue cupcake mouth


Joiner's red cupcake mouth


No comments:

Post a Comment