Wednesday, July 1, 2009

Our Bounty

We have a very modest garden this year, but it is so much fun. The girls and I get out there and water and weed. Last night we found so many veggies on the verge of ripening. I was watering before a meeting and I yelled into the kitchen that we had a big squash. Both girls came thundering down the hall to see it. It has been so exciting. Besides what is pictured, we have red bell peppers, basil, thyme, and crowder beans. The girls and I leave for Atlanta on the 13th and I am afraid we will be gone at peak harvest. Andy will be picking every night!


Little cherry tomatoes. The girls think this is their plant because the tomatoes will be little like them. Andy will be very disappointed if they eat them all!



Baby romas; just mouth-watering



This zuchini is almost ready to pick. I like them slim and not too seedy.


A baby cucumber. I eat about a cuke a day, so I can't wait! The girls also think cutting cucumbers is a "girl" job, so they will be a lot of help.



Our green beans. They look so yummy!

After I took pictures of the garden, the girls wanted to take a picture with my new camera. Joiner taking a picture of Belle

Carly taking a picture of our feet

No comments:

Post a Comment