Wednesday, September 28, 2011

Camping trip

Andy and the girls have been trying to go camping since last October. They rescheduled many times due to weather. July came and Andy was off and he was determined that it was going to happen. It was hot as blue blazes, but they got everything together and headed up before his vacation was over.

Here are the girls at one of the waterfalls at Hanging Rock.


Climbing the steps




More time with the falls.



The camping gang! Look how red and sweaty they are!








Getting our hands wet.



Carly in the tent


The tent and Joiner outside

The fire!


The camping site


The crew waiting on dinner. I heard that the yellow jackets were bad. I think they actually ate dinner in the tent to avoid the bugs. I know that is a serious no-no with bears, but I think Andy was willing to risk it to stop the "get away from me" dancing moves that the yellow jackets were inciting.


More hiking the next morning. I think this was before 7am!


What sweet sisters!


Just about to head home!





Can't leave without a visit to the plunge pool. I heard it was very cold!





Tired but fun!



We asked the girls the other day if they wanted to go camping again on their Fall Break. Carly was in, but Joiner said that she wanted to stay home with mommy and Bennett. I told her that I might go this time. She still seemed hesitant. Then we said that it would be cooler and there wouldn't be as many bugs. She was in:)



No comments:

Post a Comment