Monday, March 7, 2011

Disney World- Magic Kingdom Day 2

On Wednesday we had reservations at Cinderella's Table in the Castle at Magic Kingdom. So we spent another day visiting that park.
Joiner was spending the night with Gigi and Grumpa, but Carly decided that she didn't like sharing a bed. She spent all but the first night with us.

Here are she and Mr B playing on the bed before we left. Sweet Bennett is so accustomed to going to sleep for the morning about 2 hours after he gets up that he would fall asleep as we were travelling. I learned after the first day that I should put him in the carrier facing me so that I could comfortably hold him for the hour that he would sleep. He is used to anywhere between 1 1/2 -2 hours at home, but he managed.

Here he is on my chest as we got to Magic Kingdom. He tanked on the bus!
Because we were going to have lunch with Cinderella, Carly wore her old dress. I didn't buy her a new one for the trip because I didn't know how many more years she would wear it. However, once we got to DW every little girl had on these fabulous, new costumes. Carly didn't seem to mind that hers was ripped and old, and I wouldn't part with the $60 ( I know!) that a new costume would cost.





B was on my chest so Joiner quickly jumped in the stroller before we could say anything to her. Andy is clearly confused about why I am taking a picture.

As soon as we came into the park, a cast member asked if they wanted to trade pins. This is such a neat thing!

There was a shop called the Bibbity Bobbity Boutique where you could go and have your hair, makeup and nails done to look like a princess. At first, I was so wishful that the girls could have this experience (for the bargain price of $60 each.) But as the week progressed and we saw more of these made up little girls it started to get creepy. They all have on way too much make-up and their hair was all pulled into these tight buns with all this glitter. I was very glad that I had not been crazy enough to sign us up for this.
Gigi decided that each of the girls needed a new crown/hat. So they got to go to the huge store on Main Street and pick out anything they wanted. Carly picked out a Tiana crown despite having ever seen the movie and Joiner got sequined Minnie ears. Grumpa needed his picture made as well.

Afterward we caught a glimpse of a marching band. Very cool.

We headed over to the really cool Buzz Lightyear ride at Tomorrow Land. This was the coolest ride. Bennett was awake by this time and was wide eyed during this video game-like ride.

Gigi, Grumpa, and Joiner are in their cart.
Look past Andy and you will see Carly. Bennett was still on my chest while we fought Surge!



Andy, Grumpa, and Carly rode a Lilo and Stitch ride that Carly said was HORRIBLE while I fed Bennett his food on a bench. Gigi and Joiner walked around. Afterward, I headed to the Baby Care center to change Mr B. When I got to the group Andy and the girls were already in a tea cup. I wanted to ride again, but I didn't want to jump the line:)



You never know what is going to happen at Magic Kingdom. It seemed like every hour there was a parade or something coming down Main Street. Then when that was done there would be a show of some kind in front of the castle. He was a show with pretty much any character you can imagine.
Gigi and the girls stopping to watch

I knew by then that there would be fire works at the end, so I zoomed away with B in the stroller to save his ears. Our reservation for lunch with Cinderella was at 12:55pm. This was the best we could get and we were lucky to get this! Apparently this meal fills up almost immediately when you can reserve a spot 6 MONTHS in advance! I knew it would be hard on Bennett. He was already tired from shortened naps and late bedtimes. He had been hanging like a pro when he was in the stroller or the carrier, but sitting in a high chair tired and hungry was going to be rough.

Here is part of the crew outside the castle as we made our way to lunch.

We checked in at the restaurant and then walked to the Princess Couture shop across the way. If you could wear it and be a princess, it was in here. The girls had been saving their money for months and they knew that this was it. Other than grandparents buying them hats (!) if they wanted something, it was going to come out of their money. Therefore, they were so careful and thoughtful. We heard no "I wannas" or any whining about toys or anything. They didn't even spend any of their money until Wednesday. In this store you could see so many beautiful princess things. Disney is such a friendly place. These cast members (what they call employees) asked the girls if they were eating with Cinderella. When the girls said yes, they asked them if they would like some pixie dust. Both girls said yes. After being asked if they believe in fairies, they each got a VERY healthy sprinkling of pixie dust.

Here is Joiner getting hers
Now Carly's turn. I noticed today when I was fixing hair for school that Joiner still has some in on her scalp!
Saying princess. You can see by Joiner's expression that she is not sure she is going to make it either:)
Carly on the other hand was SO excited. Check out the princess pose that she had seen all week. We are at the wishing well outside Cinderella's castle.
Finally it was our turn to go to lunch. We stood in line to see Cinderella and have her sign our books. Bennett was starting to lose it for the first time all week.

Posing for a picture. Again we got two packages with our meal. The next picture was of all 7 of us and Cinderella. It is a great memory. We are all smiling and poor Mr. B has one sock off, his pants pulled up, a paci in his mouth, and a very tired expression.
We walked upstairs to sit in the beautiful castle. The girls were given wands and they even brought Bennett a little sword. So sweet. By now, he was very upset. He went to Andy for a minute, but as soon as he would catch a glimpse of me, it was over. So I held him and tried to eat, but it wasn't looking good.
"I don't want to see any more princesses! Please feed me, mommy!"
Thankfully the princesses came out and I got to see the girls with Snow White
And Jasmine

However, before Ariel could come to our table, Bennett let me know that I was not going to get to eat lunch. Thankfully, we had been to the wonderful princess dinner at Epcot, so I wasn't missing much except the meal. Unfortunately, this meal is so popular that Disney takes two of your table service credits to eat there! So I missed our biggest meal. Andy brought it to me, but I don't think I got to eat it. At least the others did. Bennett was very upset, but once he realized we were leaving, he was so happy! He kept smiling at me and squeezing my face. I had to cross main street to get to the Baby care center to change and nurse him. Of course there was a blasted parade going on. I was like "seriously, another parade!" Of course I couldn't cross. People would barely let me on the sidewalk. I wanted to scream "You have all seen this 1000 times today!" but that wouldn't have been very "Disney." At last Mickey waved goodbye and I could push through the crowd with my very hungry baby. He just rolled and laughed on the huge parchment covered changing tables and then stared at me, squeezing my hand while he nursed for 30 minutes. Of course, he didn't need to nurse for 30 minutes, so he puked on me as we were leaving! Oh, well, he just needed the comfort of nursing and hugging, I guess:)
Since I was missing, others had to step up and take pictures. Here they are with Ariel.

Here's Belle in her casual outfit.
Apparently the best part of the meal was this "make your own sundae."
Here is Joiner with her concoction.
Carly with hers
Waving the wand

That night, after naps, we went to Downtown Disney which is a big shopping and eating section of Disney World. Dad hated it, but the rest of us had fun walking around. We had dinner, then went shopping, where the girls spent a little of their money. We finished at the Ghiradelli shop with ice cream, yum!!
Grumpa and Carly on the bus VERY late. I have never felt more like a negligent parent!
The next day we headed to Animal Kingdom. Stay tuned...

No comments:

Post a Comment