Tuesday, February 8, 2011

First Ski Trip

I took my Youth Group skiing on Saturday and we decided the girls should go. They were so excited. Mom, Dad, Jarrett, and Miriam went also. Even Dave and Ellison tagged along. We loaded up early and scrambled to Appalachian Ski Mountain. Carly had a new pink ski coat and black ski bib. She was definitely ready to ski. Joiner had on her new snow suit and was happy as well. Gigi had Bennett in the warm dining room.
Here are Andy and the girls as we head out Mommy joined the mix

We had signed up all 3 girls for a private lesson because we weren't going to be there in time for the 4 hour ski school. They had a really sweet instructor named Laura.


Learning to move around on skis
Joiner on the little lift. All 3 girls did really well with this. When I rode it with Carly, I almost fell because I wasn't holding myself tight enough for the pull. Carly turned around when I yelled and told me "eyes up and tummy in, Mommy." Yes, Ma'am!
Caga helping Carly up
Joiner waiting for her turn down the hill


Carly up the lift with Laura
All 3 turning the corner
Joiner down the hill

Carly's turn
Joiner turning
Carly and Ellison turning
Carly
Carly and Joiner

It was so much fun and the girls did so well. I wish I had learned this early! We are going to try to go back this season and sign up for the ski school and let them get some really good skills. Bennett did great being passed around the lodge by church members and Gigi. He crashed on the way home and seemed to recover well!

Everyone came home with all their limbs intact!


No comments:

Post a Comment