Tuesday, December 1, 2009

Visiting The Dancers And The Costume Shop

Carly and Joiner really go to the coolest school. It is next to the NC School of the Arts. This is the institution that will be performing in the Nutcracker. The classes have been studying the Nutcracker story and performing it for a few weeks. Last week we walked over to the school to see some rehearsals and to visit the costume department to see where the official costumes are made. I signed up to go because I like to go with the girls, but also because I love it myself!


Watching a rehearsal. The teacher is in front and he just reels off steps and they fall in behind. It is really amazing.

Carly in a trance when I could get her to look at me.

There was no chance Joiner would take her eyes off the show.

Carly

Ms. Othella showing us some of the costunes. They were so detailed. I can't imagine the amount of time each takes to make.

I love this picture of Carly

The Mouse costumes









They are watching one of the male dancers having his vest fitted. He was really sweet and waved at them and asked their names.



No comments:

Post a Comment