Thursday, February 4, 2010

Snowy Weekend

Apparently North Carolina is having a crazy snowy winter. It started last Friday night and by Saturday morning we had 7 inches on the ground. It was less than the storm in December, but still impressive. The bad thing was by Saturday morning the snow had turned into sleet and little tiny ice balls so it wasn't nice to be outside. So, because I wasn't going to miss a workout, I started a DVD downstairs. The girls came down to check out what I was doing and they wanted to do it as well. So both girls did the entire 45 minute kickboxing workout with me. As you can see from the pictures, they are topless. They noticed that all the women in the DVD are in sports bras and since they don't have that, they just took off their shirt. So funny.







After nap time the sleet had stopped, so we bundled up to go out and investigate the snow. It was about 5pm, so we didn't have long before it was dark.
This is pre-game picture.

Backyard winter wonderland

Belle grew up in PA and she loves the snow. She runs around and gets covered. Then she eats snow until her body temp is so low that she is shaking.



Both girls feel a real need to uncover all their toys when it snows. This takes a lot of effort, but it is fun to them.



Now Zoie did not grow up in PA and she does not like snow. In fact, she really, really hates it. I don't know if she just doesn't like it or it is the fact that she is blind and doesn't know what is going on, but she is miserable. The worst part comes from the fact that she is so furry and gets these snow balls in her paws that you have to crush out.



Now we are uncovering the picnic table

We kept seeing birds coming to our feeders that were emtpy, so Andy got out the seed to fill up the feeders to help the poor birds out. I actually haven't seen any birds so far, but it was a nice thought.

More uncovering

Sunday was very cold in the morning, but much nicer overall. We did a Yoga DVD, again topless, and then we headed outside after lunch. I tried to walk to church, but I had been coughing all night and Andy was adament that it might mean a divorce, so I didn't go. I am glad, because it turns out that only one couple came, so I wasn't needed.
Our first mission was to clean off Daddy's car.

I love how they walk in the snow; very purposefull and important. Stomp, stomp, stomp...


All our new landscaping is covered up!

Look how covered the roads are. There was a sheet of ice beneath the snow and it didn't fully clear up until Wednesday.

Stomp, stomp, stomp

We are walking up to the main road to see if it is any better; it wasn't by much.



After we got up the hill, both girls just dropped down to make snow angels.

Daddy had to join in! I almost joined them until I realized that he had on our only ski pants ( my pants) and I was in cotten leggings. Now that would have been a cold bottom.


Homeward bound
School was cancelled until today, and unfortunately it is cancelled again for tomorrow, Friday. They are calling for a big ice and snow storm tonight through Saturday morning. I have to say I hope they are wrong. We are tired of being inside and we do not want to lose power. Ice and old trees are not a good mix. Please pray we get very little and stay warm!


No comments:

Post a Comment